Conservation Career Day
Join us for the 2nd Annual Conservation Career Day!
Who: Local Middle and High School Students (and ʻOhana)
Where: UH Hilo Campus - 200 W Kawili St, Hilo, HI 96720
When: Friday April 11th, 2014, 9am - 3pm
- Local Internship and Professional Opportunites in Naural Resource Management and Conservation Biology
- USGS, USFWS, USFS, Hawaii Wildlife Center, DLNR - NARS, Big Island Invasive Species Committee, Friends of Hakalau Forest NWR, Three Mountain Alliance...
- PIPES, KUPU, ‘Imi Pono no Ka ‘Āina, Forest Solutions...
- Higher Education Degree Programs in Hawaiʻi that are available to prepare local youth to pursue careers in these areas.
- UH Mānoa (Botany, NREM)
- UH Hilo (Biology, College of Ag Forestry and Natural Resource Management)
- HawCC (Forest Team)
- Scott Laursen - email@example.com, (307) 699-0123
- Creighton Litton - firstname.lastname@example.org, (808) 956-6004
- Noelani Puniwai - email@example.com, (808) 933-0705
Mahalo to our Sponsors: Omidyar ʻOhana Fund of the Hawaiʻi Community Foundation & Hawaiʻi P-20 College Access Challenge Grant, UH Mānoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, Campus Compact, and EPSCoR
Organizers: UH Hilo PIPES, UH Mānoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, Friends of Hakalau NWR, USDA Forest Service, Institute of Pacific Island Forestry